Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

EVE LOM SHEER RADIANCE TRANSLUCENT POWDER IN 'DAWN' (1)

I've tried a few translucent powders and I'm happy to say this is the best one so far. ^_^  Some powders are white, but are meant to be translucent like the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder one which I find gives a grey cast on my medium, olive (~NC30) skin tone.  That really annoys me when I've put all the time and effort to make the complexion look like my natural skin and perfected as best a possible, then I go to set it and remove any shine with a supposedly "translucent" powder and it completely changes the colour of my face (and not in a flattering manner either, but a "dead" looking one)!  Grrr.  Other translucent powders often have too much shimmer in them and while it may look pretty in the evening, I find it's too much for natural day wear.

I was really hoping the Eve Lom Sheer Radiance Translucent Powder would deliver, especially at such a high price point.  I had tried their mineral powder foundation first and while I enjoyed the fine texture and finish, I had no shade match (all mostly very pink toned) - see my review of it here.  So I was a tad skeptical of this powder in terms of whether or not it truly is translucent.  There is a shade name though which is interesting.  It's called 'Dawn' (#1), but this is the only shade that it comes in as far as I can tell.  So I'm not sure if they will release more in future or not, or whether they really need to, because while it appears a very pale neutral powder, it blends away completely seamlessly into the skin with no colour, grey cast or shimmer.  With that, I'm pretty sure it will work for all skin tones.  It works wonders for me, so I'm absolutely ecstatic!  Finally!  :D

This baby is silky smooth, velvety soft and the finest of powders.  I don't need much of it at all and it instantly gets rid of any shine without leaving a trace of product - it's completely imperceptible on the skin.  It's as if I'd waved a magic wand on those shiny areas and they just disappeared!  It does not look caky, or leave a dry-looking, unnatural matte finish.  In fact, it makes my skin look very natural, flawless, fresh and ever-subtly radiant without visible shimmers.  It's weightless so it doesn't feel like you've put any additional layer on the skin.  It feels comfortable, natural and still allows your skin to breathe through it if that makes sense!

Anyway, here's what the brand have to say about it:

"Complete your radiant glow with this velvety, luxurious light-reflecting powder that nourishes your skin, all the time you're wearing it.

The innovative, micro-fine texture glides on like a dream for wonderfully weightless blendability, and tiny rose-shaped particles diffuse and reflect light for a soft-focus effect. Meanwhile, powerful fruit stem cell extracts deliver deep-down hydration for soft, supple skin so translucent it appears seamlessly, naturally perfected.

Benefits:
• Skin appears naturally radiant, with a transparent finish and feather-light feel
• Velvety, micro-fine texture with light-diffusing properties
• Skin is hydrated, nourished and repaired for youthful elasticity
• Glides on and blends with ease
• Actively beneficial for all skin types.

Key actives:
• Moisturising BerryFlux Vita™ stimulates the skin’s natural hyaluronic acid to lock in hydration. Rich in antioxidants, it strengthens the skin’s natural barrier, and helps preserve collagen and elastin for suppleness and tone.
• Rose-Shaped Powder
• Innovative multi-faceted particles blend effortlessly and deflect the light to illuminate and disguise imperfections."
The product is packaged in a convenient, travel-friendly way.  It comes in a translucent plastic cylinder with a champagne cap so it's very lightweight and easy to carry and throw in your handbag.
Above: the size of the product with respect to my slightly smaller than average hand. :)
Above: the product shade and weight label on the bottom of the cylinder.
Open the cap of the Sheer Radiance Translucent Powder and slide the clear sleeve down.  The powder will automatically flow from the brush.  After use, pull up the clear sleeve and put on the cap.
What would have been an ingenious idea of an all-in-one, on-the-go powder with the powder product dispensed directly through the applicator brush is actually not that great for me.  It's the same packaging concept as the Chantecaille Protection Naturelle SPF 50, which I have yet to try, but have read reviews that it has the same issues.  First of all and my main gripe, is that the powder doesn't flow all the way to the tip which is really where you want the product.  Secondly, the brush is made stiff enough so that it holds its shape, but it does mean it feels a little harsh on the skin.  Now, they say that you can use the powder directly on clean skin or over foundation.  Because the powder doesn't come through to the tips, you have to buff it into the skin in circular motion to ensure the powder makes contact with the skin.  This works fine if you are applying it on bare skin and you're on a summer holiday and your skin is great condition and don't need much else on, but if you are applying over existing makeup and possibly precisely placed concealer on spots, this is not a good idea.  So, what I find myself resorting to is having to unscrew the brush off and use the powder with my own soft, setting brush (like my Suqqu or Rae Morris Pro Powder Brush).  See below.
Below: the porous sponge beneath the brush that allows the powder to dispense through it a little at a time.
Above: the powder up close and below: a light swatch of the powder.
Below: The powder when blended out appears to blur the skin and give a soft-focus effect.
Longevity
I find the effect of the powder with the the tiny amount I use just on my 'T-zone' and on my current normal to dry winter skin, it lasts for most part of the day.  I just need to touch up a little mid-to-late afternoon which is not bad.

Scent
There is no scent, which is great for sensitive noses and sensitive skin. :)

RRP & Size
£42.00 / US$48.00 for 3.5 g / 0.12 oz of product

Availability
Unfortunately, the Eve Lom makeup range isn't available yet in Australia, but you can purchase it from Eve Lom, Space NK UK which ship internationally, or Space NK USA (where I had mine shipped via parcel forwarding).

Verdict
Despite the flawed brush applicator, I can look overlook that because the powder itself is the best I've come across - works like a dream.  It is now my HG translucent powder.  I highly recommend.  I am looking forward to the day that they will allow you to purchase the refills (like Chantecaille do) then I don't have to pay for another brush that doesn't work!  And, even better, perhaps they will improve it?



Hope this was helpful. :)


Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar