Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Makeup Revolution Renaissance Lipsticks

Nah Stress by Romain Virgo
For a while, I was beginning to think my makeup collection was turning me into a "messy" individual. If it wasn't some controversy over a palette it was some controversy over some lipstick. What can I say? Wherever there was smoke, I found myself right by the fireside analysing the ashes. Yes, whenever negative Nancy and petty Paula started kicking up a storm about something that might ultimately be good but, a tad shady the rebellious side of me wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Perhaps this is reverse psychology at its very best? 

In terms of controversial releases: Makeup Revolution Renaissance Lipsticks kicked up an extremely tempestuous storm. Many were very angry that Makeup Revolution had taken it upon themselves to imitate Charlotte Tilbury (CT) lipsticks to a T. Many argued that Makeup Revolution (MR) had gone too far protesting that their cloning was no longer just dupery but, plain old theft

Admittedly, yes I can understand the claims but, as a dupe head I was more than sure I would try them out and when I did find them in a physical store, I did just that. Abnormally, I decided to veer outside my comfort zone (reds and deep pinks) and ended up choosing three nude lipsticks from a very slim choice range in the store, all in the name of research (of course). Some good videos I watched which helped me find out about the formula and see how beautiful the colours looked came from Tammi Clarke and Samantha Jaelle. Since, then they've updated their videos for the new colours etc. so I'll link those too - Tammi Clarke - swatches, Samantha Jaelle - swatches. I'd definitely recommend looking at videos/swatches etc. of the lipstick line because the swatched on MR website are helpful but not greatest. 
Nice packaging - I find vintage is not as rose gold as the other two though (a bit silvery)
Packaging: This really does mimic the CT lipsticks well but, the bullet is slightly smaller and more rose gold than gold. There is a good weight to both lipsticks and it has to be said that MR did a great job with their cloning. MR have updated their packaging slightly this year by including a coloured bottom etc. which make them easier to distinguish when stored and they've added a few more colours to the line. 
Vow - Triumph - Vintage
Formula: Light and decently pigmented. The finish is shinier than the CT matte lipstick I own so, perhaps these lipsticks are dupes for CT's k.i.s.s.i.n.g line. Either way, the formula is nice, creamy and reasonably moisturising (for the creamier shades). Some lipsticks feel more emollient (Triumph/Vintage) whilst others have a slightly more matte texture (Vow). I'd recommend exfoliating your lips before use if you are suffering from dry/parched/cracked lips as the formula may slightly cover but, it would hide issues even if you add other products (just saying). 

Scent: Completely different to CT's lipstick. These lipsticks have a very light cocoa butter sweet scent whereas CT has sweet and light vanilla scent. Both are non-offensive and pleasant enough in their own way.
Vow: A beige. Triumph: A cool mid-tone yellow-brown. Vintage: A warm mid-tone red-brown.
Pigmentation/Shades: Good (different to CT). They apply smoothly and reach a good opaque coverage in little time at all. Each shade is workable for dark skin as a "nude" lip shade depending on your preference (I haven't forgotten about my Nude lips update - it's on the back burner). Out of the three shades, Vow is the most different as a light greige (beige + grey) whereas, Triumph and Vintage are really very similar browns with only slightly differing undertones. Personally, I like vintage the best. I would use all of these shades with either a liner or mix them with another lip product, as on their own they can look a bit concealer-ish (unfinished) on me. Of course, MR has a plethora of tempting shades available and I would like to try a shade in the non-nude category myself.

Will these lipsticks put CT out of business
? Nah. Makeup Revolution lipsticks are nice and in my opinion, reflect the kiss line from CT more than anything. The whole lure of a dupe is that it mimics/imitates something "greater"/more expensive than itself. People are usually drawn to said items because they desire the more expensive one but due to budget, frugality or ethics choose to opt for a dupe.  From my experience dupes rarely satisfy those who have not tried out/tested the more expensive item for themselves and eventfully, later on, they usually purchase the original product they had been trying to dupe. So, in the long run, no one really loses business. I myself like both lipstick lines but they are quite different in formula and if you can stop yourself vomiting over the complete dupery of it all, you might find yourself a pretty nice lipstick. Just don't expect that it'd be exactly the same as CT though. 


Looks
Vow on its own. Vow with Kiko Volume Lip Gloss in 07. Vow with Sinful Colours Lip Gloss in Caramel Melt.
Vintage with NYX Trendy Lip Gloss. Vintage with Mac Chestnut Lip Liner. 

End thoughts: I like them. 


Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution?
What do you think of dupes?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar