Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rheumy update + among other things

Happy December everyone! Lets make this year go out with a bang. I had a pretty good Monday so far, I went to my rheumatologist and she finally decided to taper my prednisone to 12.5 mg for this whole month and then 10 mg next month until I see her! Of course, I was overjoyed but I tried not to show it too much. I played it cool when she asked me if I wanted to taper and I just said, "yeah, uh huh". But of course, she knew. She said,"I know you're probably super excited you're probably thinking, heck yeah I've been wanting this for the past 6 months!" I've stayed on 15 mg since April because the protein in my kidney started elevating again. I had a kidney biopsy in September 2013 because the protein came back so I had to go back on prednisone and cellcept. Anyway, I started losartan this September to lower that protein and it seems to be working. At first I was taking lisinopril in May but I found that I was getting severe coughs as a side effect...

I still am worried though about the chance that the protein will elevate again now that I am going down. But I am thankful that they decided that it was time. As shallow as it is, I really would like to get down to my normal weight and that is why most people hate prednisone. But at the same time, it has allowed me to function. Last year in September and October, I was getting high fevers everyday, so I had to take 80 mg! I originally was supposed to take 40 mg but the fevers wouldn't go away until I topped in at 80 mg. Life got to me then. I was just starting in the graphic design program and was bombarded with the schoolwork (still am, but I'm not complaining, just saying) and I was REALLY stressed out about the biopsy because I knew there was a chance of going back on prednisone. And I was coping with the loss of my dad (and I still am).

Then I went to my afternoon class to turn in my playing cards project. Thankfully, my professor allows a chance for redoing it because I absolutely hated how it turned out craft-wise. I was using a Friskars round corner punch and every time I would punch it down to the edge of my cards, there would be really jagged edges. There were a few times I got lucky and the corners were smooth, but for the most part...yikes. I explained to him what happened because I came in late from my doctor's appointment (because I didn't want to show my cards alongside my other classmates up front) and he totally understood. So yes, I will be recutting and remount (I may work more on the joker and back card)

My playing cards theme is "The Fault in Our Stars" (forgive me for the crappy iPhone quality)

The good news is that for this same class, I got a 90/100 on a previous project. We were supposed to design 4 postcards (3 front, 1 back) using pieces of paper and controlling the light sources. I know I could have done better on my imagery (to make it seem like it wasn't paper) and color but I am pretty happy about it. 




My favorite Disney movie, which also inspired a play in Germany then back to the US.

Afterwards I had a good day with Cecilio. We went to Insight Coffee after my class and I had an almond mocha and he had a latte, then we picked up my medications at Walgreens and picked up my younger sister Sarah and the dogs from my older sister's house. I'm pretty encouraged by school and health despite how I felt like nothing was getting better. It's that breakthrough. I just hope whenever life throws me more trials (and it will) I won't react the way I have been. I do admit I can have a bad attitude about things and it's a struggle to remain positive. But there is hope. And if there is a will, there is a way.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar